Volunteering at Strawberry Woods Festival – 2018
If you want to gain experience and have an interest in music, festivals and events management, or just want the opportunity to work with a team of fun like-minded people, then we want to hear from you! Our festival volunteers play a big part in creating a great atmosphere and help ensure the festival goers have a fantastic time!
There are a variety of volunteer roles available and all volunteers receive:
• A FREE weekend ticket
• A FREE lanyard
• FREE meals and drinks on shift
Volunteering with SWF gives you the chance to work for a festival that is a friendly environment, committed to ensuring a safe and fun weekend for families.
Volunteering looks great on your CV
All volunteers need to do is:
• Be available for any of or all 3 full days on Saturday 26th May, Sunday 27th May and Monday 28thMay 2018 .
• Arrange your own accommodation at or near the festival site and arrange your own travel. You can Camp on site if you bring your own tent.
• Pay a deposit of £10, refundable on completion of your shifts (please see Terms and Conditions).
The descriptions below are to show the variety of roles you may asked to be involved in. Please have a read and then look through the Terms and Conditions listed later in this document. Hours worked each day are dependent on role but we ask that all volunteers be available to work over the whole weekend. There are no early starts (before approx. 9am) and no late shifts (past approx. 9.30pm). Most volunteers will work around 8 hours a day with less on Saturday and Monday and all are given regular breaks in order to enjoy the festival. We will advise you in advance of your exact hours.
Volunteering at SWF is a fun and rewarding experience, a great way to meet new people, to interact with festival goers and staff, and to see what it takes to make a music festival happen.
We aim to involve you in as many roles as possible to give you more variety. The following roles will be allocated on the day based on demand:-
The Gate Team plays a vital role in welcoming festival-goers to the site and providing them with a friendly face on arrival. The team will be required to:
- Support security and ticketing staff by fastening bands to attendee’s wrists as they arrive at the entrance.. Additional support will be available. Please note the Sunday of the festival will be busy and as a volunteer you will be expected to carry out this role on request.
To ensure that the festival attendees enjoy the smooth running of the event, you will be required to:
• Provide information to festival attendees and offer directions as attendees arrive
• Make sure families are aware of the family and child friendly facilities and provide information where needed
We are committed to leaving our beautiful festival site as we found it but inevitably after a weekend of revelry we need a little help keeping it ship-shape through litter picking.
This may involve anything from directing vehicles into parking spaces to accompanying stewards, helping at the bar to helping on guest receptions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All Strawberry Woods Festival volunteers are valued as part of the festival team and will receive everything they need to do the job happily and safely whilst having a great time.
However, we still need to lay down a few guidelines to enable everything to run smoothly…
• All volunteers must be 16 years old or over on 25th May 2018. Those aged under 18 must provide a letter from their parents providing consent for the individual to volunteer at the festival (this is a legal requirement).
• All volunteers are required to pay a deposit of £10 all of which will be refunded to you by 3rd June 2018. This is so we guarantee that you turn up on the day. The deposit is non-refundable if you do not complete all of your assigned shifts, if you cancel within 2 weeks of the festival start date or if you attend a shift in an intoxicated state. Once your place has been accepted you will be notified of how to pay your deposit. All deposits must be paid by 3rd May 2018 at the latest.
• Your priority as a volunteer is to help us run Strawberry Woods Festival. We appreciate that there may be specific artists you want to see over the festival weekend and we will endeavour to take this into consideration when arranging rotas, however, we cannot guarantee that your requests will be met. If accepted as a volunteer, please tell us if you have a friend on your team and would like your shifts together. We will try our best!
You have responsibility for arranging your own transport to and from the site as well as parking. Travel expenses are not available, sorry.
HOW DO I APPLY?
If you would like to apply to become a volunteer at Strawberry Woods Festival please download the Volunteer Application Form from our website. Read the Terms and Conditions carefully, complete the form and return as soon as possible and by 28th April 2018 at the latest. Please note, if application volume is particularly high, SWF reserve the right to close applications prior to this date, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We welcome applications from all ages, abilities and sections of the community. Although we would love to, unfortunately we may not be able to provide volunteers positions to all applicants. All applicants will be contacted within 3 days of the closing date. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a short, informal telephone interview prior to the festival. This is so you can find out more about us and we can determine where your skills will be best used. If you have any questions or need additional information please contact email@example.com